I’ve been using the Delicious social bookmarking service for nearly two months and I am really enjoying it. As a matter of fact I wish I could convince more of my peers to jump on and use it because of how easy and helpful I think it is. Here’s what I like:
- I can access all of my bookmarks from any computer and I won’t lose any if I change browsers or my computer crashes!
- Use tags to filter and sort bookmarked pages.
- Tags are automatically suggested based upon your existing tags as well as those that other users use for a page.
- Sharing of bookmarks with friends that are in your Delicious network is as easy as clicking on the network for:<username> tag.
- Installing the Internet Explorer or Firefox add-ons takes the whole Delicious experience to another level of ease and usefulness, personally I love the feature that alerts you when someone bookmarks a page a tags it for you.
- I enjoy browsing through Delicious just to see what other users have bookmarked, kind of like StumbleUpon but without the slot machine pull aspect (although I have been known to stumble a bit every now and then)!
- It’s also fun to find the Delicious account of someone you know or are interested in and check out what they’ve bookmarked. Please feel free to browse mine at http://delicious.com/eric_hoffman
- And you always have the ability to keep selected pages private.
There are many other social networking tools out there, but Delicious is quick to learn, easy to use and very helpful, I give it a solid A.